Tuesday 5 June 2012

Long time no post!

Phew life is busy as you can imagine right now! I want to do a post away from the obvious baby stuff. I know lots of you like piccies and the garden news so I’ll try and concentrate on that this time. Not a lot has really gone on. Spring was bad in the UK. Very wet so this meant I was unable to get out in the garden and do anything until May. Once I was out I found it quite hard work due to my size and really needing to slow down. But I managed to dig over the old veggie patch, prepare the veggie boxes and start digging one border over. We went on a chicken course back in May which was fab. I got to hold a chicken, cut its wing feathers and learn how to put lice powder on it. Damn thing kept escaping but it was jolly good fun and we got a book to take away with us. The old veggie patch - which right now is a mess pile - will eventually become the chicken home. Maybe not this year with the human arrival but hopefully next year! Primary job in the garden this year is to finish off the pond and then we can move onto planning the chicken patch. I have managed to get all my veggie seeds in on time although some I had to give 2-3 sowings as they didn't come up. Wanted to get a water butt as we didn't have one - incase the hose pipe ban hit us! So we invested in a very cheap dustbin. Turned the lid over and drilled holes in it so that the water drains in. Clever hubby! Managed to get this in just before all that rain came too so it had a nice filling up. I've been trying to create a kind of netting frame out of bamboo that we cut down and some balls. Looks fragile so needs some tweaking. Also need to buy more netting as it's really not wide enough. Too long and not wide enough but will do for a starter. Enough nattering here's a ton of pictures from May!

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment