Wednesday 17 February 2021

Februrary! Spring is just around the corner!!

Yes! It is very exciting! The day is around 10 days away that we turn into the 1st March! The day one breathes a huge sigh of relief and flings open the windows to let in the fresh air again! It's a mad tradition I have but one I look forward to doing annually. I almost feel as I shove open the window that I am letting out winter and letting in Spring. Total twaddle I know but it's how I feel! So how are you all? Hope your all well. Do post some comments or questions on anything! It's very quiet out there! Are you all looking forward to Spring too? What do you look forward to the most? For me it's finally stepping out into the fresh air and my garden and reconnecting with nature again! Lots of plans for the garden this year - Whether any of it happens is another matter but we shall see! First big garden job is to mend my greenhouse. It is looking very sorry for itself! Rubbish pictures but you can just about make out the state of the poor thing from these 2 piccies.















So now we are in Feb its time to reverse to the 1st of Feb which was a Monday. Google photos tell me nothing much happened apart from Sophie making her school work pencil into a butterfly ... How creative!












Tuesday 2nd February (Nearly wrote November then! Don't want to go back to then!!)

This was a zoom school day. I seem to have Jessica's work. Mostly illegible as she doesn't give a poop about doing school work! So here's some illegible English and Maths ...






Mummy finds a picture of this cute wooden heart and thinks what fun it would be to make with the girls. Knowing full well she would end up doing most of herself and they would get bored of it ... The idea was for a row of them for Valentines. I can tell you now this didn't happen ...


Fast forward to Wednesday 3rd February:

Sophie played with her doll instead of doing school work and made me some soup in a real cassarole dish that she fished out of the cupboard. It was my nans!! I love it and wouldn't want it broken but there is a part of me likes them to play in a realistic way. It is good to learn how to handle glass, cutlery, food etc. Its how they learn through play so I let it slide! It even had water in the bottom like a real soup is watery. I love how kids play like this and use their imagination. I am loving these moments as they are so bitter sweet. I know it is only a matter on months before her play will turn more grown up. Jess had a real change around age 6 and stopped the make believe early play :-( So it's really sad that these days will soon be through! 





In the evening we got down some old craft making boxes - Toucan and the like ... Sophie had been asking for them so gave one activity to her and 1 to J. J's was making a mouth with teeth in out of jam biscuits and putting marshmallows inside for the teeth. And Sophie's was making a rib cage with the organs inside. For some reason I never got a picture of the finished article of Sophie's!






At bed time Sophie dressed up as a bride. I forget who to this time though!!!


Thursday 4th February:

Sophie procastinated over school work by needing to destress with some relaxing music on you tube and doing some yoga?! And my Daffodils we got Sunday are well open now. And my Hyacinth I got for £3.50 odd from Waitrose is coming out nicely too! Don't they look gorgeous and sooo Spring like!!
It's the first year I have ever brought Spring flowers so early in the year and I must say they have given me a boost. Just try and see past the junk of my dining room table!! Bet yours is looking similar if you have kids too! ;-)







And lastly Friday 5th February;

Some random English work that Jess did on Zoom with her class. See if it makes any sense to you coz it sure doesn't to me!


Sophie wrapped me a present. I can't remember what it was now? But think it was something along the lines of a toy mobile phone!



Below Sophie made a big dolls house out of little houses. Note: The pot on the side filled with water ... This is a dolls swimming pool. She dives off the top of the houses and straight in. As you do ...




And today my Sunbed arrived! Yes I have gone totally mad! However my old one is very broken so I needed a new one. Brought the other one the year I was pregnant with Jess so it's 9 years old this year! 
It's been ripped so not even sit-on-able. Hubby sat on it a few years back and it's slowly been on the way out since lol. Him sitting on it last year just finished it off! Any way I brought this the Friday and the very next day it snowed LOL! Now who do you know who buys a sunbed when snow is due aye?! Well I had read that there is going to be a lack of garden furniture this year due to lack of shipping containers. So I got in quick whilst they were in stock!!! I couldn't live a summer without my bed. Wait it will be a rubbish summer now ... Sorry everyone! I'll blaim Brexit. Everything is Brexit's fault ...




Right that's it for this weeks round up! Not much happened so really scrapping the barrel there! Oh in other news I have my covid vaccine booked for the 26th. So expect a moaning post about a very sore arm lol! This is if I have it as it seems Asthma is now not considered a severe underlying health condition?! I am keeping my appointment for now as I was told to book it by the Dr's but expect it to be cancelled within the next week. We shall see! 

Right I'm off to snuggle up in bed for an hour or so with a book and some relaxing music! I have a new one now! I'm sure i'll share about it in another post. Lots of love to all. Keep looking up - We are sooo close to Spring I can smell it! Things will start to get better soon - Yippeee! Sleep well or Good morning!! From The Mad House! Xx (Well you gotta be mad to buy a sunbed in the middle of winter right!! Haha!)







No comments:

Post a Comment