Tuesday 25 May 2021

It's been a while! ...

Hi! It's been a while since the last update. I just couldn't be bothered tbh! I thought I would come here and chat about nothing. I always seem to think I haven't done anything. And I keep forgetting to take pictures gah!


Monday 10th May:

Today mother in law goes back home from her "surprise" visit. I take a couple of piccies of buttercups whilst out on school run. They are one of my favourite summer "flowers". So bright and cheery! And it makes me smile when the girls run it under my chin and ask if I like butter. Anyone else remember that from their childhood? I found this from an article on The Guardian website: "Do you like butter? Hold a buttercup under your chin and folklore says if there is a yellow reflection on your skin it means you do. But the real reason the flowers seem to shine with an intense glittering yellow is nothing to do with butter but about advertising the plants to insect pollinators from a great distance." 

So there you go! It's to attract little flying things. Love it! I still like the folklore tradition though. It fills my head with happy summery memories!

























In the evening I come and write to the blog.


Tuesday 11th May:

I don't have any pictures from this date so guess it was just a standard affair!


Wednesday 12 May:

Today is swimming lessons again. This time we sit in the car on phones, with word searches and a book. I can't wait for it to be over as Sophie went in crying lots so want to make sure she is ok. I know she will be. But hey ... mummy instincts are strong! Got a bit peckish so tucked into a box of biscuits I packed! 



Thursday 13th May:

A mummy friend messaged me to say that her daughter had been shown the words "sexual intercourse" in the school dictionary! This is at aged 8-9. I then had to go and get the school dictionary they use and check it for myself! I do admit to having a moment inside of *snigger*. Takes me back lol! Not sure what I would say if Jess came home and had found it! Although I really don't think she would be bothered. She found and watched a cartoon version of the real thing on you tube when she was 7. So she knows what happens. There is one thing we haven't spoke about and that's the clitoris! I'm still not sure what I would say if asked lol. I guess I just need to be matter of fact about it! 




Sophie found and brought home a massive pile of blossom off the tree. Literally 2 hands full! She dumped it on great grandmas old unit and then chose the best to put in a pot of water. 






Friday 14th May:

Walking home from school and spotted this little fella hiding in the grass! So cute!!


Today I get my second coronavirus vaccine. It's booked in for 950am. We then go to Brambridge garden centre to look at sheds. But we go the back and outside and all the sheds had disappeared!We were annoyed. Assumed they had shut up shop so went home! I was still annoyed about it so messaged them. Apparently there is a sign on the door of the building saying they had moved out front of the centre. I never saw any sheds there. Apparently they aren't all put up yet but will be over the next few weeks. So might have to return again gah! 


Saturday 15th May:

Well no lasting injection reactions. No real aching, Just ever so slight aching but nothing major. no headache, fever or chills this time though! I take a paracetamol just in case and feel normal after! So we go and collect a courgette plant I got from someone off facebay. Too wet to go in the garden so the nearest I get is watering my veggies!! Oh and since I got that plant ... My own damn courgette has now sprouted so I have 2!!! I got it because mine was in for 2-3 weeks and nothing from it!


Courgette plant above in the car. Do you think it's enjoying its ride?!



Lettuce plants (bottom) - Beetroot (top) 


Pic above. Brocalli (bottom) and Cucumber (above)


Bottom right Tomato. Other 3 cells there are Sweetcorn.


I plan to plant other stuff later on in the season but will try and plant straight out. Like more carrots!

Oh on the way home from school yesterday Sophie picked up a purple flower and a buttercup for mummy so both are in a little pot here. She's cute!



Sunday 16th May:

Weather is discusting so no garden today! Only highlights are Sophie having herself a spa day!? Face mask anyone?! And my courgette plant coming up after me getting one from someone else - argh! 




Right that's it peeps! We are in the last week of school and hubby is taking the kids up north to mother in laws house on Saturday. I have effectively kicked them out lol! I've never been away from both kids since i've had them over night. And only away from Sophie once over night. And only once by myself with Jess away. So it's looooong over due. It's been 9 long years!!! So I plan to do lots of gardening, house catch up, and go out shopping and just chill. It's going to be weird as hell and so so quiet but also so so needed! I'll most likely have time for a blog post or 2!! Right i'm going to dip off and read some book before bed. Still reading the Between book about 8-13 year olds! Joyful ...!! Lots of love to all. Love from The Mad House Xx

No comments:

Post a Comment