Thursday 30 June 2011

Some dreams can come true!

Following on from my previous posting ... You can make some of your dreams come true. Maybe not in a gorgeous house like in the pictures. Without winning the lottery any way!
I can already do my home cooking baking cakes, pizza, shepherds pie and the like. I don't do this as much as when I was dieting and kind of miss it. I may go down the route of baking and selling cakes later on down the line. But first I need to get lessons in icing. Something that has been on my to-do list for a long time but have never got round to it as yet. I also have ideas of selling eggs from the chickens. And I have a fab little idea to add to the boxes when sold to help keep people coming back and interested in buying the eggs. I'm not going to post details though incase I ever do this as I don't want someone pinching my ideas! Speaking of chickens this is the best ever chicken webcam I've seen! I so want my chickens to have that space!! http://www.flyingskunk.com/live.php And goats for friends ... I want! I want!!
We already have a big vegetable patch the only veg in it this year is 1 sweetcorn, courgette and brussel sprouts. This area will eventually become the chickens home as we are indeed going to have 2 or 3 chickens. We need to buy/build/design/amend the house and get it all erected before we get them. We are also going to go on a chicken keeping course from here http://www.chickenkeeper.co.uk/courses/chicken-keeper-course.php
At the moment most of my veggies are in some new boxes I've made that are on the gravel area and are looking quite good now.  
Whilst we don't have a stream going through the garden we are doing well with the pond construction! This is a long thin pond with a bridge going over it. It is having pebbles and big boulders round it to make it look natural. I need to work on the planning of the planting for it a bit more. It will also have a little pebble cascade at one end to help air it and give a little feature. You can't have a pond without running water of some kind! There is nothing better than lying by the pond with a good book in the hot sun listening to the running water. Sooooo relaxing! Aaaah. 
I am working hard on my making my borders look more pretty. There is too much pink and white in the garden. So I am trying to transform it into my cottage garden. I have already managed to get poppies, delphiniums, lavender, clematis, pansies, geraniums, sunflowers, hot pokers and fox gloves. In our current garden I want to add a little area at the end of the pond for tropical plants and house plants to come out over winter.
I would like a kitten or two especially now the two cats next door are gone. There is space for some new recruits!
Next time I post I will add up some more recent piccies of the garden's progress so far this year. Until next time ... Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment