Sunday 19 September 2021

The heat continues!

Well i'm still at it catching up on the late summer news! In other news we have been to view Jessica's new secondary school tonight. Yes she has just started year 5 but her friend was going for a viewing at the open night so she wanted to go too! Feels far to soon and yet I kinda feel ready at the same time. Probably because the reality of it is 2 years away yet ...! Ask me how I feel this time in 2 years ha! almost certainly different! Right on with the catch up.


Monday 19th July:

So summer is here for a few days. The heat means once school is done with it's into the pool for us. Even mummy get's in. It's around 30c so lovely enough out!



Not eaten out this year yet apart from last night so we go al fresco once again whilst British weather allows us to!


I left the patio doors open so when I went down around 1am it's nice and cool. One drawback is the wildlife that likes to come in ...















Tuesday 20th July:

Around 28c and once again we take to the pool after school. Jess was trying to be a mermaid in a zoo and we had to watch her. Video here: https://photos.app.goo.gl/7S8TtDExFA5NKXyf6 . Then everyone got in the pool but I was cuddled up on the sunbed in towels to keep warm lol. After this hubby discovered a child taking an ice lolly out of the freezer earlier had left the door open! Eek. Time to go through everything and mummy had half melted lamb mince for tea ...! Along with half melted peppers and half melted pasta ...



After tea the kids were playing with the bubble machine. The first time i've seen J interested in it for a good 3 years or so. The bubbles looked very pretty settling on the paddling pool.




Tonight I came down to shut my patio doors late at night and heard a loud scurrying sound. And what have we here ... A hedgehog just peeping out from behind the box. He was quite small too.



Wednesday 21st July:

Today is Aunty Zoe's birthday so after swimming lessons we drop into her house with some pressies to say hihi. So this is birthday 2 in 10 days. As it's Jessica's on the 16th, Zoe's 21st and Sophie's 26th! For once I was organised! Usually i'm rubbish with birthdays but i'm really trying hard this year ...! Before we went Sophie gave me a card. Telling me i'm the best mumma ever. Awww!



The children have been decorating the patio some more with chalk. Doesn't it look pretty ...!


And Jessica has created a very pretty picture card stand thingy. I love it. She is very arty.



At Aunty Zoe's house it was all about the cat! Everyone wanted a hold/stroke.


















When I go to bed froggy is back visiting the dining room when it's time to close the patio doors at 1am!... 


Thursday 22nd July:

Another gorgeous sunny day! And another day where we get home from school and hit the paddling pool! 



I love how these 2 planes crossed and ... well ... made a cross lol! Gorgeous skies!



Guess whose waiting for me when I go down to close the patio doors again?? You should know the answer by now! It's froggy woggy again!



Friday 23rd July:

Today is the last nice day as the weather is breaking later on tonight. Booo!! When I got home from school run I was greeted by my messy lawn. This weedy bit was where I had a nice planter. Now I did try and weed it but all the weeds have come up through the card and the compost I had put down! So I've no idea what I'm going to do with it now ...! The front bit is where a pile of logs/branches had got  thrown and the weeds came up through that lot too. As messy as it is it does kinda look pretty too ...


After school Sophie had a birthday party in the park in town to go to. Whilst there I spotted this tree stump that large hole in the middle. It has a collection of leaves and pinecones in it. It looks really pretty and Autumnal! So had to take a picture as it's pretty.





When we got home Sophie was claiming to feel sick but thankfully nothing came of it!


Just before putting the girls to bed I spotted this sky. The clouds are rolling in and you can just see the weather changing. Booo!




Right that's it again! Do tell me if you are bored of these updates and want me to just skip to current times! But so much has happened over all that I like to share of it too. I'm ahead again and got a couple of updates in the bag ready to bang out but will do it every few days so not to bore you all too much! Hubby will be away for a few days at the end of the weekend so that should give me more time too to do some more catch ups. Right off for some down time now! Might even watch a bit of the old gogglebox. Lots of love to all - from The Mad House Xx

No comments:

Post a Comment