Thursday 30 September 2021

The first week of the summer holidays!

Ello Ello! It's another update time. I'm slow at getting these out as i'm still going to bed earlier around midnight instead of my old 1-1:30am! Going to bed early really eats into my me time. And writing blogs and uploading all the pictures takes aaages!Taken me about 3 nights to do this one. Sat here with my oil burner and candle on that I brought over the summer holidays when away on hollibobs. It will feature in one update ... When we get there!! Nothing new to update except the turn of the seasons weather will see me concentrating more on the house this weekend coming. I plan to get kids clothes out for next ages up - a bit late here! And Autumn decorating the house! Right on with the update back to Sophie's official birthday ...


Monday 26th July:

Today is Sophie's official birthday. Not many photos are shareable as she doesn't wear clothes these days!! But here are a few of her opening pressies ...



The girl got a new pram. This had more to do with mummies nostalgia and that she should have a proper little pram! 


Mummy tried to encourage some doll play in the garden but it didn't go well ... Jessica is not into dolls at all! She just wanted to throw them around! Or pretend to cut their legs off. 


I gave up and went to make some lunch when Jess said she wanted to play McDonalds for Sophie to come and buy some food ...


After lunch I boiled and peeled my beetroot. I then put them into the freezer. These will come out on bonfire night for meat and potato pie! Now I know I can grow them i'll grow more next year.


Sophie wanted to do some of her birthday stuff so did some aqua bead work outside.
















Tuesday 27th July:

I had forgot to mention on the birthday bus Sophie managed to get some burns going down the slide! They have come out well - ouch! 


Jess showed me a bag she had sewn at school. She hates it because it is messy but I think it's cute! :-) She was also disappointed because she wanted it all in the cream colour but her teacher said no it had to be 2 coloured. 






Here's a rare picture of the girls actually playing together nicely with Lego! ... (Didn't last long ...)


Wednesday 28th July:

As  this is the first week of the summer holidays it's a pretty lazy affair. The weather is also cloudy, cool and rubbish.

I sort through some school stuff and come across this 4 chaptered story that Jess had wrote about aliens lol. It's not really legible lol!



Sophie wanted to do one of her birthday presents some painting


It was evening and then the sun decided to come out. A recurring theme of summer 2021!


I was feeling a bit antsy and the Sophie wanted to go to the shop so we went out and had a mini walk then went to the shop. Just caught a small rain shower whilst out and got the rainbow.









Thursday 29th July:


Sophie decided to try and clean the kitchen and patio windows today ... I love it when kids do this its good learning for them. And any effort blesses the family :-)







Mummy cooks some chicken thighs in the oven with veg for tea. These usually go down quite well - with Sophie at least. So we bring in some carrots from the garden.



Here is a pic from yesterday of me cooking the beet root. Forgot to add it lol!


Tonight's tea start with some Aunt Bessies roasties ...


Add some Veg ...


Chicken thighs in the oven 


And the end result! 






Friday 30th July:

Today was an exciting day! We took delivery of many boxes from Omlet! What is it? Well there's a clue in the name! Chicken coop is here - Weeee exciting now to build the thing! Look the pile of boxes is half higher than me lol




Looked through some more school stuff. Looks like J has been doing sex education. She got quite a ew right on her sheet. And look at the other one so funny!! A penis releases a sperm ... and scribbles out penis and wrote males private part LOL! Too funny!!!



Jess doesn't want this pot in her bedroom anymore. She made it a good 3 or more years ago. She put water and sequins in to make a water globe thingy. It's held up well over the years.




Right that's it for this update. Now can you guess what the next update will be??! Oh yes Omlet related! I'm not giving you any clues as it's obvious lol. But that will be in the next weekends update. Until then ... Keep looking to the skies - Lots of love from The Mad House Xx

























No comments:

Post a Comment