Friday 22 October 2021

The holiday continues ~ Part 1 ...

Hello Internet-ites!Yes i've just made a word up there! This is our holiday week. I've decided to break it up into 2 separate blog posts as it is picture heavy. Usually I try to do my posts as week day then weekend as the weekend is more busier. 

Life here is going on well. Half term is looming. We are having some landscaping work in the garden soon! (talk of this Thursday eek!) And a mini getaway over the 2nd weekend of half term for my 40th birthday celebrations. No doubt blog updates of both will follow! But for now here's the rest of the holiday!


Monday 30th August:


Today we mostly hang around the resort. We start by taking a shopping trip to Tesco's for some food. Sophie had an itchy rash on her tummy so I needed to talk to a pharmacist about getting some cream for it too. When we came back we went to the indoor pool. Hubby had quite the surprise when he put his swimming shorts on! No it was in no way intentional! How they managed to get folded and packed without finding this peg I have no idea!! Any way it gave me a laugh lol! And I totally had to share it with you all! Sorry dear ... Too funny not to share!


We came back and had lunch - after we went to the arcade. The kids love it here. The entrance was via the pretty ballooned reception.






In the evening we went to a local pub for an evening meal so we didn't have to cook! I had a nice steak pie
















Tuesday 31st August:

Today we head off to Bournemouth for some crazy golf after a lazy morning around the cabin. We book our slot for 12pm I think it was! It was very busy so we got lucky to get a slot. As was the theme of this summer it was yet another cloudy day ...








After we played we went in the restaurant for a late lunch. I was very much taken by this gorgeous fire! I bet it is lovely in winter!



Once we were home hubby drove back to Winchester to administer antibiotics to the chickens and check all was ok. All looks ok so he won't be going back again. The drugging job has been now handed to our neighbour. Mil took the kids swimming. And I decided to chill with my long stitch!



Wednesday 1st September: 

Today we went to Moors Valley Country Park. Haven't been here for yeeears so it was good to be back.
We set off late and arrived around lunchtime. We did the play trail before going back for lunch at the cafe. We had got up late, had a late breakfast, late start and therefore a late lunch ...


Isn't the forest floor pretty. The purple flowers are really nice. 


Funky foot print!


This is goldilocks and the 3 bears section with the 3 bowls on the table



Someone waiting patiently?! 



The oven! 



Knock at the door


Musical instruments to play


I always wonder how all the trees here can grow so straight and tall. Nature sure is a wonder!


Onto the snake pit. Used to go in this when I was a kid!! I loved it! Still remember the fear of getting lost in the middle though lol





Sophie's bow and arrow. She soon got fed up carrying it around though and threw it down


Now onto the tree top trail with views down. One laden parent lol





Jessica as a chicken in a pen?!


A well deserved and totally gorgeous ice cream just before going home!!


Once home Sophie did some modelling with some putty stuff we brought from the shop on site


And mummy chilled some more with her long stitch


Right that's it for this update! I'm going to post this quick before it gets lost in my posts folder. I hope your all well and coping ok with Autumn so far. In all fairness we have been soooo lucky with the weather. It's been so warm and quite a bit of sun. Enjoy it whilst you can! Keep looking up. Lots of love from The Mad House Xx




No comments:

Post a Comment