Monday 1 March 2021

Argh i'm behind ... Again ...!

Well as per my usual I am behind with blog posts! Still struggling this end. A combination of rubbish sleep routine with the girls and me feeling under par. Jess seems to be going through some weird sleep regression and wanting lots of cuddles and bedtime reassurance. Excuses range from I love you and I don't want to leave you, to i'm lonely in my room by myself, to I want to play Roblox with you!? Yea no chance at this time of night sweetpea! Since moving wake times a little earlier - from 10am+ for Sophie to now 9am she is going down a little easier. But for some reason J just isn't making the transition. Operation sleep routine attack continues this week in prep for going back to school next week. We have all become somewhat extremely feral during this lockdown!!! Oh and i've brought some shoes - Yippeee! Coming tomorrow me thinks.

I am hanging on for 2 things. The start of Spring when I can get in the garden and the day the girls go back to school! Well the day I can get in the garden was today. I grabbed the bull by the horns as it were and went out to cut a bush and survey winters damage! The sun was in full bloom like the Spring bulbs. I wanted to get out yesterday too but I had the covid jab (Oxford Astra Zenica for those that want to know) and reacted very strongly to it. So I was knocked up in bed for 24 hours with strong flu like symptoms - temperature of 38.4c, muscle aching everywhere, chill - shivering so hard my teeth were chattering - headache and tummy aches. So for those that are getting the jab I have the following advice. A) Stock up on paracetamol B) Find your thermometer out and make sure it works (This isn't essential but helps to get you more sympathy and you can play a game of guess my highest temperature) and C) Book it on a Friday so that others are in the house to play nurse on you and not working!! 

Any way that's a mini update of current things! I have just realised I am so behind that I have almost the whole month of February to update you on now!! So let's go with the end of Week 1 ...


Saturday 6th February:

Well by this point we had just found out a few days before that we had threadworm again. So Saturday was spent deep cleaning the house. All beds changed. all damp dusted and all hoovered. The bathroom also had its daily deep clean and mats changed too. I think it was today that I also went right through the living room dusting everything insight and washing cushion covers etc! I wrote to the blog in the evening. And the only other thing of note was Sophie building a big house out of lots of little houses with her dolls houses. 



Sunday 7th February:

It snowed ... Yea that was it ... lol!!

I did some chicken bead art. A new project. I brought this this time last year to do when hubby was working in America. But everything in the house decided to go wrong so had no down time! Here it is before starting.





Rubbish picture but you can just about make out Sophie's place of sleep tonight ... She moved all her bedding and went on the floor instead!


 

Monday 8th February:

The thinnest covering of snow lays upon part of the grass. Yea barely worth taking the photo for!!


Today Jess did her work on zoom so no piccies of work for her but here is some of Sophie's
 



















Nothing else to note on this day except Sophie talking on her foot-o-phone to order pizza hut!? As you do ... And Jessica made sammy the paper snake because she wants a snake for a pet! (No chance!)
















Tuesday 9th February:

Today Jess did her work on zoom so only got a piccie of her at the table. 


   Sophie decided to make a work house under a sheet from the sofa to do her work in. She was refusing to do anything whatsoever unless she could work from this house! So needs must and all that to get work out of her ...!



Later the evening hubby did some more threadworm cleaning. This time the stairs which was musical! We have a Christmas decoration (winter themed) still there and it has little bells on. It was quite funny as it got stuck on the hose.



 Jessica successfully managed to delay bedtime by wanting to play with and plait my hair. Good job we are in lockdown so we don't have to be in bed early! Building memories! :-)

Wednesday 10th February:

Today we didn't do Maths early zoom sessions. I think someone was up in the night so we slept a bit later. I however had printed school Maths for Jessica so we had a go at it together. She only did 1 question though - number 3 by herself. She refused anymore as it's too hard. I wrote the notes for her teacher to see. Apparently I was teaching her wrong though and they do something completely different now ...!! So meh I give up!



Thursday 11th February:

Up early for zooms today. Sophie's Maths was to start learning how to count in 2's. So here are her pairs of 2's shoe's! The writing on the papers are in yellow pen so you can't read it doh!


Later in the day someone built ... well ... something!? Out of bricks and brio. I was upstairs cleaning so completely missed what it was about but caught the aftermath! Creative! 


Friday 12th February:

Today hubby went to Waitrose for lunch. Sammiches for him and the girls to save us making bits and he got some nice chicken broth/soup for me. Yummy! So 5 minutes heated in the pan into my little soup pot it went! First time I have used it. It is actually my nans who passed away 18 months or so ago. I kept it as it was practically brand new and not really used and I did think it was quite sweet. Anyone fancy a bowl? There was quite a few big chunks in there of chicken too! Often meals are quite skint on chicken but this one surprised me.
























So that's it ... Nothing very exciting going on! Same old same old. Kids go back next week and can't wait in a way to change up the routine a bit! Things should start picking up now we can get in the garden too and the days are getting longer. Yippeee! Hope you are all well! Sleep well/Good Morning - Or evening good afternoon - who knows when you are reading this! Keep looking up! Love The Mad House! Xx

No comments:

Post a Comment