Friday 26 November 2021

Uh oh the chickens are locked out!

Hello Worldlings! Welcome to blogland! Here we talk about a load of random every day tosh! Today we have a week full of standard fare. Shall we dive in? LETS! ... 


Monday 27th September:

Well here we are on a Monday again. My least favourite day of the week! I am sooo not a morning person and there is something hard knowing there are 5 of these early mornings ahead. But we plod on!

Nothing of note happened today except when Sophie let the chickens out Peachy decided to jump/fly! up on to the food bin. Well this is a new one! They haven't been flyer upper-ers until now! I guess she wants something aye??!















Tuesday 28th September:

Today is another day of standard fair with an interesting ending! This is the life of mummy with a hubby that works from home in the bedroom. Anything that needs to go in must be pilled by the door to dash in quick when the door opens!


Today is attack Jessica's room day. I'm a day behind as I usually do her room Mondays and Fridays and Sophie's the days in between. I am wondering whether to change it though as Jess seems on the whole to be messier than Soph! So here's the before and afters.



Now the excitement of the day comes from a torrential rain shower. It was mad! It went literally black as night in the day time and absolutely threw it down! Here is a video of it: https://photos.app.goo.gl/ye3LgHfBMsdTgXRs6
The street lights came on and everything. Our patio was well flooded.



If you watched the video above you would see that the chickens were all huddled up under the middle to try and keep dry. The rain was blowing in. I think we need to amend the tarp so that it covers the other side which is the western side to stop that as much. We looked at the cam later when we thought the chickens should be in bed by now. Wondering what on earth they were all doing. They had gone up on the bar of wood. We have never seen them up there before so something was up. I donned my wellies and raincoat with a brolly to battle the elements. (This is when I took the above photos). I then realised that the coop door was already closed and they had been shut out! Now our door is set to auto close based on daylight settings. So here we have our first fail! Oops! We have now amended it so that it closes 30 minutes after the light goes! So I had to press a few buttons - say hey presto - and open the door. Then crawled into the run and lifted them into the coop for the night then shut the door!



Wednesday 29th September:

The only excitement in the mad house family today is ... A game of Monopoly after tea time. Jess dragged it out and has been wanting to play it for a while so we start the game. We left by taking some photos so we would remember who was where ready to restart the game. None of the houses are mine! They are all hubbys and Jessica's!






Thursday 30th September:

Sophie invented her own magic trick. See here: https://photos.app.goo.gl/vSNQ6auD6otsGt8f6
As you can see she stuck it on with sellotape LOL! She is so inventative? Is that a word? Creative - I love it!


Friday 31st September:

Weee it's the end of the week! My favourite day! Friday always has such a happy feeling about it!
I have no photos stored up to show you all so it must have been a standard fare type of day! Oh I must tell you ... We have booked in a long weekend trip next month. This is in honour of my 40th birthday. It won't be on my birthday but will be on the 2nd weekend of half term week off. We have booked it Friday - Monday. So the plan is the girls will return to school Monday lunch time as it's only in the New Forest so not far!


Right that rounds up another update! Quite exciting we are knocking on the door to October now! That means my blog is only 6 weeks behind ... Ha! Back to current real time and I've had a nightmare of an evening! Trying to work out what to feed Jessica who seems to be becoming increasingly difficult to feed! So thought pasta and fish fingers with the obviously to be ignored veg. Well apparently she no longer likes fish fingers?! Since when! Last time she asked for more! ARGH! Ah well ... And then they wouldn't sleep. Took 2 hours to get Sophie to drop off. She is my nightmare sleeper. Has been since day dot! One of the ran into the others bedroom. There was a lot of faffing, stamping and moving around. Went up to find they had both moved all their bedding and were trying to sleep on the landing! I would have found it very cute if I wasn't in such a bad mood from I-won't-eat-my-tea-gate! Just been reading up on my weather forums and lots of people are getting excited about the impending cold next week. Going to get very cold with frosts and ice. But the golden question is always ... Will it snow?! I'm guessing not but either way will be nice to see some seasonal temps to help one get more in the mood for Christmas! I'm still putting off getting the folder out. Maybe at the weekend! Right i'm off to beddies once again! Keep looking up. Lots of love to all! From The Mad House Xx





No comments:

Post a Comment