Sunday 10 January 2021

A VERY lazy Sunday! And a reverse back to Christmas Day!

Today was suppppppppper lazy! Up around midday and then climbed back in bed with laptop and cereal again. Messed around online and watched some more Big Jet TV whilst sipping my warm caffine nectar!Whilst messing around I found - c/o Facebook a new You Tube channel! It is called Apronful of Stones. It's very hygge and about the slowness of life, eco living, baking and minimalism etc. So very me! Today I watched the video about how to make banana bread. I really want to try it now as it looks good! Surprised she has 10k subscribers with only 14 videos mind! That is some good going! I got out of bed around 1:30pm and went in the shower - as you do! Then got back onto the bed to put some relaxing Yout tube music on and read some more of my Nigel Slaters Christmas Chronicles. This book is nearly done! It's set out in a form of diary and the next day is the 15th January with the last day around the 21st I think it was. It then has 1 further day on the 1st February but tbh I will probably read that last day around the 21st when I read the rest. Unless I end up being late in which case I will finish in February lol!

After some book I got up and made the kids snacks and myself some lunch. The house was very noisy with people on various devices and video calls so I moved to Jessica's room as no one was there! I set up a little nest, shut the door and ate my grub whilst browsing the web again. Caught up on BBC news. Did you all see this noisy ice - How weird is this!! I would be really freaked out by that if I heard it! https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-55605868

After I had chilled for a bit I thought it was time to get some people of technology and go for a walk. It was around 5pm and dark but a walk is a walk! You would have thought I had suggested killing the children with the response I got but I took no hanky panky and off we went! Up the hill, down some back pathways down a little wood tree lined path/alleyway and onto the back road. Walked down the back main road and came in our road the back way. Needed the torches on our phones for the back road as there were no street lamps half way down. We broke the walk up by saying every time we got to the end of a road we all got to choose whether to go left or right or head. So Sophie started - chose right, Jess chose right, I chose straight ahead and hubby straight ahead etc etc. So we had no plan on where to go! Sophie claimed 30 second after leaving the house she wanted a pee but hubby said no going back and tough lol. She seemed to forget half way when the kids were chasing their shadows under street lamps.

Got home and snuggled up on the sofa with some more book to catch up to todays date and then got my knitting out. Knitted 2 ears for my little dog whilst watching songs of praise - Christmas carols so a little out of date LOL! 


Snacked on some pizza for tea then went up and did some tidying up before putting kids into bed. Sophie was up til 11pm but passed out in the end. Then planned school for tomorrow. No zoom meetings so much easier for me! 

Now I might write up about Christmas day! We never go round to it before. But if this is too long i'll break it up into a separate post. 

So I was awoken at a decent time - Wanna say around 8am so a nice lie in. I went up to lie in the double bed and watch the grand stocking opening. I was really tired as couldn't sleep til late so prob had around 6 hours sleep. There was various tatt including a fit bit for Jessica and a set of walkie talkies for both. 


















After they had done with their stockings they went down for breakfast and I stayed in bed and slept for another hour or so. Got up and had some breakie then a shower to get ready for the day. Then we opened a few presents before lunch.

We gave Sophie some chicken play dough. It has play dough eggs come out its bum! A typical kid thing!!


I gave hubby some socks in a pizza box. Teased him by saying it was pizza hut lol. Although of course it obviously wasn't that or dominoes! We try and get something surprise for each other every year so this was it. I loved the surprise but tbh I don't like the socks LOL!! At least they are practical if nothing else!





Sophie got some foil art that we couldn't work out. Only realised when we got home I had been trying to put the foil in the wrong way round - Whatta donut!


We gave Jess a flying ball. Now this thing caused chaos! Mother in law wasn't having any of it and tried to take it away but couldn't catch it. I was joining in with the fun of Christmas day and tried to have a go. Need less to say I was useless and couldn't get it back when it went over the tree. So I stretched my hand out to reach it before it broke something ... BUT ... Too late ... Shatter went a prize Christmas tree decoration!! The kids looked at me to see my reaction and we all put our hands to our mouths and reverted back to our 5 year old selves! It was a big OOOP's moment!




Here is a video of it in action: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H31vbPKkXwY

We brought Sophie something flying too but it wasn't a ball but a flying fairy. It's actually called a Hatchimals Pixies Crystal Flyer. So they had something each. This thing was twice the size I thought it was going to be!!


Here it is flying too- Bit rubbish quality but gives you an idea!: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-eGH2FTC1o ... And ... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dAHB3PuY6to

After this fun and jocularity we had one of mil's neighbours turn up as she lives alone. So she came for Christmas lunch and for some pressies after. She came just before it was time for lunch! To aid social distancing she went one end of the table in the dining room and hubby and mil the other. And I camped in the kitchen with the kids. Here we all are! You even get half a view of my lunch! LOL - Goodness knows what happened there ... My photography isn't the best for sure so sorry!









And here I am! Wishing you a happy Christmas and much more appropriately happy new year!! 

The present opening continued after lunch and we made quite a mess but a good day was had by all! I will sign off here for now. Need to get in bed for tomorrows lesson. Take care all, stay safe, wrap up and warm and keep looking to the skies! Love us! Xx




No comments:

Post a Comment