Saturday 23 January 2021

A weekly roundup!

Sorry sorry! I am long over due a blog update! Especially when I had been posting daily. I've had a reaaally rough week mentally. A combination of waiting for my VERY late period and the current in events in the world that seem to last fooorever have all had me feeling very wobbly. No i'm not upduffed before you all start getting excited. There will be no more babies from the stale womb! I am convinced I am perimenopausal. I usually run around a 24 day cycle since about a year after having Sophie. But this month I maxed out at 33 days. I was a going a little mad as to where it had gone but emotions also made me know full well it was on the way! After digging around it would appear some family history is that we can start perimenopause around late 30's. I started having symptoms around 36. Mostly from super heavy periods that were so bad they made me highly anaemic. Thankfully that got started and I am still taking iron so the PMDD I was suffering is a lot more under control. I still have some mad months where I am a raging witch but to completely loose it is now rarely thankfully for all!!! However I am dry as a desert, still hormonally emotional, heavy periods, - that I take Tranexamic acid for - and night hot flushes! Now anyone that knows me knows that I am a tiny, petite, skinny thing! I am always cold - esp by day - by night I am a heater. Hubby doesn't like cuddling up to me much in bed as he burns himself on me LOL! The worst time is early morning so from 4/5am onwards. Could be because the heating comes on around then but that's only when the temperature has dropped to 19c! I tend to sleep under a very thin blanket or a empty duvet cover and in shorts and t-shirt. So when summer comes I might just die! Not like I can take my skin off is it? Very tmi some might say - Well in my view anything but! How many women have reached menopause starting age and know absolutely nothing about it or any symptoms??! We get taught about the starting of periods and the like in school but we know nothing about the stopping of periods! There is nothing taboo about any of this - It's just yet another body function that we all have to go through and deal with - unless of course you don't have a womb :-) I was going to say sorry for boring you men - but actually I'm not! The more you know the more you can understand your woman if and when you have one. Knowledge is power! Here is a helpful reading sheet for you men. Written by the amazing Diane Danzebrink who is a menopause expert and counsellor: https://menopausesupport.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2020/04/Understanding-Menopause-for-Partners-resource.pdf

Any way enough about my desert and stale womb!!What else have we been up to? Well apart from hating the world and wishing it would change not a massive amount. I always seem to say this and yet am able to write lots lol! I'll try and go through day by day.

Monday -  A school day. Hard to get the kids going but we managed in the end. Can't remember much else about it other than we got all the work done. I was much harder on Sophie so she had to get on with it lol. Here's some pics:

I made a new weekly sheet I can print off to save writing things up. Only I forgot to write out the day and the childs name for each list - oops! Will amend tomorrow for the new week. Carried over is things I can use weekly to make sure they get on X every week then cross it off and get them on something else. EG- Reading eggs, Times tables rockstar etc.





I set Jess some suffixes instead of comprehension for English for a change. And gave her some school Maths from one of the zoom meetings - Symmetry.





Then we moved on to Times tables and Spellings. I have been writing TT's out for her but found a login sheet in the folder for Times tables rockstar. So plan to get her back on this too! I also gave her some number sentence work

















I then put her on the Oak Academy for some more Symmetry - this is the government made online learning but she found it too boring and left it. We ended by letting her have a little go on some games. www.blockly.games. She had to match an animal to its name and to it's features - eg feathers, 2 feet etc. Bit basic but want some variety to our days!

Ok Sophie did 1 side of sentence ordering. Then onto Maths and numbers 11&12. 







After this she did some keywords and spelling. She now knows these key words just fine so I need to work out from an email her teacher sent what her new ones are. It really wasn't clear at all and her current list doesn't even look what he sent! So once again i'm making it up ...



Sophie later in the day decided to draw her hands on some tissue paper and get me to cut it out. The plan was to string them up but this never happened. Instead they had to decorate the floor ...



I did some tidying as the house was a bombsite. Including finding a bedroom and making the bed!



Tuesday: 
A zoom meeting day. So we had these which start at 9 now and were done by 11:45. I got back in bed got up a couple of hours later after a nap. When I got up I had some SA mail! I got some free stickers from Big Jet TV. Asked for 1 and he sent me 2. Top lad that Jerry! So I put one on my laptop, 1 on my phone and I managed to peel the little authentication sticker off the back of the envelope to also put on my laptop lol! 


Got on with some housework again whilst Sophie made a little stand for her candle light out of beads in a paint tray. Quite creative! Her bedroom is a bombsite so only so a little at a time. 































Wednesday: 
Can't remember much about this! A non-zoom day so we did stuff I made up. I can't remember what and didn't take any pictures of it so must have gone ok! lol!
I woke up to see my greenhouse a little worse for wear after recent rain and wind over the past few weeks though! A couple of the joiners are broken so this is not a surprise. The junk inside it is hold it up lol! Will need to enter very precariously in 5 weeks time though!



My coffee mug for today! Isn't it cool??! All teachers have cool coffee mugs right!


Did a bit more tidying on Sophie's floor. Almost there ...



Sophie decided to protect her friends from Coronavirus and also came down for tea wearing her mask holding them all lol! I think they need a lesson in correct wearing of PPE mind!


Today we have candles on with our tea. This is becoming quite a nice winter tradition in our house!


Thursday: Another zoom day. However Sophie was up at 4am for a while with sore legs (growing pains!) so I had to give her some ibruprofen and a hot water bottle then settle her back down after a snuggle up. So I decided as we were up in the night we would miss the zooms and do them Friday instead. So when I got up late morning I had to whip some work together pronto! Gave Jess some workbook for English from lockdown last year that was year 3&4 level and some zoom stuff I printed off of purple mash for them both. And Sophie did some Phonics worksheet also from last year. This is all in addition to the usual spellings, keywords and Timestables that I set daily as core work. They ended the day by watching a tales of the river bank video on You Tube about a hamster: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cIhbAkwVT_A&t=88s





Friday:  The only thing of note today is Jessica's ipad not charging as she has broken her charging cable. Surprised it's lasted this long tbh!! Other to that we had zoom meetings and didn't do any other work. Got a head start on the weekend!


Right that's it for a quick round up. I'll do this weekends up date as a separate one as it's been a busy one so far! Enjoy your weekend and keep looking up! Especially tomorrow - after all my raving on it is meant to snow after all - Yippeee! Watch this space!! Take Care All!! Xx















No comments:

Post a Comment