Sunday 17 January 2021

Izzy wizzy I got busy!

Didn't post last night (Friday I started writing this Saturday! Today is Sunday - Just to confuse!!) as didn't have much to say to the norm of the week. Didn't take any photos so none of those to share either! 

It was a day where we boycotted the zoom meeting and did our own thing. I can get more work out of Jess doing it this way. 

We got under way around midday. Once again Sophie refused to come down and do anything so I put her on reading eggs on the laptop instead so at least she was doing something. I think i'm going to try the tactic of being a bit more strict next week though. She's kinda got used to the idea that if you ain't working you have to be upstairs in your room so your not disturbing those that are working. And that means play time. Jess though was really good. Complained lots but once she was started so plodded on through everything really well. I rewarded her with watching some tales of the river bank on You Tube after as a "treat" for working well. You may recall last time we had badger work out videos after learning but I can't be bothered with all that this time as they got fed up with them in the end. I pulled in some times tables for her to do after her spellings so that's something new. We never touched them last lockdown. I have forgotten what work I gave to J now and can't be bothered to drag it all out on a non school night lol!

Today was a busy one for me. Up late as is my new usual and then went in Jessica's room to start moving out her Ikea trofast unit to go downstairs. While I was having breakfast Sophie was sitting next to me playing some old school polly pocket. Remember this people?! My sister used to have it as a kid and I loved it too so got it for Sophie for Christmas last year.


This has toys in but half of them ... if not most ... she doesn't play with any more. If I move it down I can free up half the drawers by throwing stuff out or moving to Sophie's room. And it means I can move some of the stuff from the current toy unit in the living room to it. As the current toy unit I want to sell as that in itself is half empty too! It has cars, bricks and stickle bricks in to move over. Although I might sell some of those too as they don't get used.

So here it is:













I had to take all the junk and boxes off the top before I could take out the drawers and get it moved down.  

Here it is in it's new position: 


I sorted through all of the drawers throwing stuff, keeping some and trying to make sets of toys back up. Any bits left over were just thrown away. Retidied J's bed and put the coloured fabric boxes back on the floor where it was.


The end goal is to get a Ikea kallax unit to go there. I am very specific about what I want though and it must be the oak effect one. And not white oak either!

Here it is:

https://www.ikea.com/gb/en/p/kallax-shelving-unit-oak-effect-80483872/

We will mix and match adding a few doors and drawers on it too. You can buy in what colour you want to add on it and Jess wants modern ones in grey. So we will compromise by getting the Oak unit instead of grey (Yuck!!) that way it matches the room more as it's pine (not that they do it in pine!). And means she can have her grey with doors that can be taken off at a later date if not wanted any more. 

We have changed plans for the wardrobe. I just can't stand the idea of the big 4 doored one in there after all as there would be no space for her chest of drawers or her bookshelf. She has a walk in wardrobe - messy but has a rail and big shelf as can be seen here - 



So will move all her clothes into here - some how - including the chest of drawers. Any ideas on what we can do with the space? Please send answers on a postcard LOL!  The pine wardrobe will then go into Sophie's room.

Here's the unit downstairs at the end of the day! Mostly all done but need to move stuff from the winnie the pooh unit downstairs into this but will do later.



Right that's it! Sunday is will be more of a down day me thinks! Until next time! Stay safe and keep looking up! Xx


No comments:

Post a Comment